White Filings (Composites)At Hilton Head Dental, we believe in combining functional dentistry with aesthetics to give you the most effective and cosmetically pleasing result whenever possible. One of the ways we do this is through the use of tooth-colored composite fillings.
We want you to enjoy a healthy, beautiful smile without a lot of costly and complex treatments. Tooth-colored composite fillings are a perfect example of a cost-effective way to keep your teeth healthy and correct certain cosmetic dental problems.
How Can Tooth-Colored Fillings Benefit Me?
Dental materials have improved significantly in the past few years, and composite fillings at our Sacramento dental office are one example of an up-to-date dental treatment that we use to keep your teeth healthy and beautiful.
One of the benefits of using composite material is that it can be shaded to perfectly match the color of your natural teeth. Since this composite material blends so well with your own teeth, it has many other uses:
- Repairing broken or cracked teeth
- Filling in minor chips
- Altering the shape of irregular teeth
- Filling spaces between your teeth
- Correcting the appearance of severely stained teeth
While amalgam fillings were useful for many years, we've found that they have a few drawbacks that can be solved by using composite fillings instead:
- Amalgam fillings cause dark spots and discolorations on teeth - especially when extensive filling is necessary such as in the case of a large cavity or root canal therapy.
- Amalgam fillings do not bond with the tooth and are held in place with pressure. Over time, this can cause them to become loose and leak, fall out, or even allow decay to begin again behind the filling.
- More of your healthy tooth structure must be removed in order to place an amalgam filling. Tooth-colored composites allow us to preserve more of your healthy tooth.
- Like any other metal, amalgam fillings expand and contract slightly in response to changes to temperature. While these movements are very minute, they have been known to cause damage to the tooth, including cracks and breaks.
Our comprehensive services include:
- Dentistry for the Whole Family with Private Rooms
- Regular Checkups and Cleanings
- Emergency Care
- Zoom! Tooth Whitening
- Root Canals
- White Fillings
- Porcelain Inlays And Onlays
- Mini Implants / Denture Stabilization More Info
For more information on any of our services, please contact us at one of our offices.